How do you make a memorable character?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LostLegend
Admin

Score : 265

PostSubject: How do you make a memorable character?   Tue May 31, 2011 11:25 am

Ok, so you're writing your story.
How do you make a character that you focus on in the story, memorable?
It can be a main or side character. The thing to remember though is that it may not be the main character that's everyone's favourite. It's usually the favourites that are easily remembered.

How do I do it?
I help the reader relate to them - give background information, mannerisms and inner thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yourstory.makingforum.com
Base

Score : 18

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a memorable character?   Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:52 am

Well, to create a memorable character you will need to make sure that the character:

=> Stands out from the rest of the characters in the story, i.e. give them a peculiar trait or a different way of speaking.
=> Is given a powerful description so that the reader is able to picture exactly what that character looks like.
=> Is one of the main characters so that the reader does not forget them, but if it's a side character then make sure that they are mentioned frequently throughout the whole story.

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brindze

Score : 117

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a memorable character?   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:57 pm

When i read a story a large description isn't really what makes a character memorable to me, instead it just makes me very bored of the character. All i need is the minimum of the character's appearance (and history if it's important for the story)

What really makes a character memorable to me is the story, if the story will be amazing so will the character be amazing to me, if the story is lame so will the character be lame to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leah7

Score : 21

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a memorable character?   Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 am

What makes a character amazing to me is character development!! I like to see change in a person, both physical, emotional, and analytical-why?

So few people do this in reality!! How often is a person really willing to step down from their opinion podium and be like: "Hey, I think I do like to see things from other points of view without just shunning them out and calling them wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gateway-2-rpg.4umer.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a memorable character?   

Back to top Go down

How do you make a memorable character?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Story :: General :: Characters-
Jump to: